10 hotels in this place
Vilanculos (Vilankulo) is the Mozambican capital of water sports. It's a popular beach resort area with accommodation from economy to 5 star barefoot luxury. The gateway to the Bazaruto Archipelago, Mozambique's only underwater national park. The dry season is from March to November with temperatures around 15 to 23 degrees. Bring a sweater for the evenings, The "rainy season" can be hot with temperatures ranging between 23 and 34 degrees.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Vilanculos
South Beach Vilankulo
Popular events in Vilanculos in the near future
The Bazaruto Archipelago comprises of five islands which are within the Bazaruto Archipelago. From north to south, these islands are: Bazaruto, Santa Carolina Known as Paradise Island, Benguerra, Margaruque and Bangue. There are a number of dive sites around the islands, generally on the seaward side. Other dive sites are located on the seaward side of San Sebastian (south of the islands on the mainland peninsular ), A point jutting out in line with the islands. From San Sebastian, the mainland curves south west to form a large bay which is protected from rough seas by the point and the islands. Travelling northwards up the bay, Archipelago Resort looks out to the south of Margaruque Island.
- African Impact Community Project, email@example.com, ☎ +258 847 633 405. A volunteering community project with a preeschool, orphanage, housebuilding.
- Mozambique Horse Safari, ☎ +258 842512910, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Pat & Mandy specialize in custom-made horse safaris and day rides along the Vilanculos coast and on Benguerra Island in Mozambique. Enjoy long stretches of untouched white sand beaches and magnificent views overlooking the islands of the Bazaruto Archipelago. The area is suitable for riders of all levels of ability.
- Horse Volunteer, ☎ +258 842512910, e-mail: email@example.com. Mozambique Horse Safari offers you a Volunteer Programme which is aimed at gap year students and adult volunteers who are looking to develop their riding skills, discover the culture of Mozambique and make a difference in Africa helping horses. In addition to working with horses you will be able to volunteer out at the local orphanages in Vilankulo where you will experience poverty and the problems that are faced by the people of Mozambique.
Experience the wonder of a traditional sailing dhow gliding through the Bazaruto Archipelago. The islands of Benguerra, Bazaruto, Magaruque and Santa Carolina are complete with azure waters, sandy beaches, palm trees and pristine coral reefs.
- Sailaway Dhow Safaris, ☎ +258 823876350, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fully catered sailing safaris in traditional dhows, exploring the islands of the Bazaruto archipelago. Day trips and overnight journeys, staying in a beach camp. Day safari $70, overnight safari $230.
- Dolphin Dhow Safaris, ☎ +258 824624700, e-mail: email@example.com. Day trips and overnight safaris to the Bazaruto Archipelago Islands,Professional Cook - meals and drinks. Accommodation, Boat Hire (Dhow or Speed Boat, Snorkelling & Fishing, Sunset Cruise. Offices on beachfront. Day safari $65, Overnight safari $100.
Discover the ultimate escape by exploring the Archipelago on board a fully crewed yacht.
- Yacht Regal, ☎ +258 825314425, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Plan your own holiday in paradise.
The area surrounding is ranked as the best Black Marlin destination in the Eastern Indian Ocean. The season runs from early October through to end of January each year. The Marlin come close in to the shallow waters around the Islands and can often be found feeding around the shoals of various species of tuna that frequent our waters during this time of the year.
The Bazaruto Archipelago is nearby, an offers some excellent scuba diving on daytrips from Vilanculos. 2-tank dives are the norm, and snorkellers are also welcome. The archipelago's coral reefs and clear waters offer some of the best diving in the world, dive sites are un-crowded and marine life is varied and abundant. With sites at a depth of 12 to 30m and visibility up to 40m you will discover protected reefs teeming with dolphin, hump back whales, whale sharks, sharks, manta and spotted eagle rays, green and turtles.
- Big Blue, ☎ +258 8231 80460, e-mail: email@example.com. At Aguie Negra. PADI certified dive centre offering courses, fundiving, gamefishing, snorkelling, islandtrips.
- Dive Bazaruto, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A PADI dive resort, +258 29384527 /848 506507. Special packages including accommodation, dive courses and boat charter.
- Odyssea Dive, ☎ +258 8278 17130, e-mail: email@example.com. At Boabab Beach. PADI certified with fast, inflatable dive boats.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Vilanculos on Wikivoyage.