4 hotels in this place
Beira is a port town in Mozambique.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Beira
- Savanna Beach (20–30 km out of town) ask around if someone is going. You could venture and take a chapa heading in the direction. You have to take a little boat across to the beach, worth the effort. Water is cleaner than Beira and waves are better. Good fishing. Simple restaurant with nice atmosphere.
- Gorongosa (200–300 km) in Sofala Province. Once a very well known park. Now starting to recover, good investments. Good challets and food.
- Grande Hotel Beira (On Avenida Mateus Sansao Muthemba, west of city centre). More of an anti-attraction, this former luxury hotel which once was known as the "pride of Africa" is since the last 30 years occupied by thousands of squatters displaced by the country's long civil war. It serves as a living memory of better times and the horrors of war.
- Rio Maria (10–15 km). When traveling from Macuti to Airport, turn right at Monte Verde and take the sandy road. At Rio Maria is a nice river and sea. No facilities there. Don't get car stuck in mud close to beach. Very relaxing.
Popular events in Beira in the near future
Beira is the second largest city in Mozambique and capital of the Sofala Province. During the 1950s and 60s, before the independence of Mozambique, Beira was a playground for white and rich Rhodesians as then-ruler Portugal did not a UN embargo against Rhodesia. Still an important port city, few tourists find their way here today. Those who do will discover a beautiful, but crumbling, city by the sea with great food and hospitality.
- Beira Sol Opposite Hotel Tivoli.
- 2mais1 Center.
- Biques, Av. FPLM, ☎ 23312451. Is a camping and bar/restaurant about two km out of the centre of Beira. Worthwhile the trip but not so easy to find. Terrace overlooking the sea, excellent food and drink. Pool table. This place is popular with locals and tourists.
- Cá te Espero, Rua Companhia Moçambique (Between TDM and Praça de Metical), ☎ 23326970. "Beisl"
- Kanimambo Chinese restaurant with excellent food in the city center. Average atmosphere, aircon.
- Nautico Nice views of the sea, swimming pool. Need to pay small entrance fee of 20Mtn if non-member.
- Pappas, officially called Shakila snacks. Best food in town, also expensive. Close to Hotel Tivoli.
- Restaurante Macuti (formerly Wings), ☎ 23312520. Chinese/portuguese cooking. Inside Macuti Housing Complex, park outside. Good food, can take a while if the restaurant is full. Aircon inside and nice seating area outside. Chicken with cashew and pineaplle or the Bife Cremoso is nice.
- Solange, Av. Eduardo Mondlane 836, ☎ 23322992. Portuguese owned. Good food, including Pizza. Good ambiente. Also has a bar.
- Chipima's Burguer, Rua Luis Inacio. The best hamburgers in town. In the city centre around the corner of the Banco de Moçambique. Good hygiene, friendly staff and popular with locals.
- Café Bulha in the Bulha shopping center has unfortunately closed in July 2009.
- Café Riviera. on the same Praça has easy chairs, good coffee and pastries.
- Só Bolos (Close to Praça de Independencia and the golf course). Great to have breakfast or coffee.
- Beira Bar. Nice restaurant and bar serving meals and drinks located on the beach. Two levels with an outside deck overlooking the hustle and bustle of the street beach adjacent road and great view of beach. A good selection of food including seafood, chicken, pizza, vegetarian. Downstairs entertainment (band) late week and over weekends. Good prices.
- Barbeque Beach. Located on the beach strip, 2nd level, casual relaxed bar and barbeque restaurant, serves range of soft drinks, beers and spirits and casual food including burgers, chicken, ribs and steaks cooked downstairs on the charcoal bbq. Great value relaxed setting.
Mercado Central(The central market) offers some craftworks, spices, fish and fruits.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Beira on Wikivoyage.