6 hotels in this place
Aït-Benhaddou is a city in Morocco. This is a traditional Mud Brick city on the edge of the High Atlas Mountains. It is on the UNESCO World Heritage List and has featured in many films, mostly as a replacement for Jerusalem. It has appeared in more than 10 movies, including Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Ait Benhaddou
- The town itself is the main attraction, with mud buildings climbing up the side of the hill.
- The Granary at the top of the hill is impressive and well worth the effort to get up there.
- The Mausoleum of Ben-Haddou is at the base of the hill on the opposite side to the town.
Popular events in Ait Benhaddou in the near future
About Ait Benhaddou
- Climb atop the hill for breathtaking views.
- Rent a bike and drive up the road to Telouet (ca. 50km). It has been paved a few years ago but traffic is still scarce.
- Hotel la Baraka in the newer part of town has a restaurant with a nice courtyard.
There are several shops within the town that sell souvenirs from all over the Sahara, particularly prevalent are Models of the Ksar and wooden artifacts from the Dogon people in Mali. There is a very friendly carpet shop in the newer part of town near the post office.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Aït-Benhaddou on Wikivoyage.