16 hotels in this place
Malindi is a city in Kenya, located on the Indian Ocean.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Malindi
- Vasco da Gama Pillar. After being turned away from Mombasa, it was here where the explorer Vasco de Gama landed. The pillar stands at the point where he came ashore. Note that there is an entrance fee to see the pillar.
- Nearby Watamu with its beautiful beaches and access to the marine park.
- Malindi Museum Society, Beach Road, Malindi (From the Baobab bar/restaurant and walk towards the town. You will reach the House of Columns jon your left after a about 5 minutes. From town it is just past the Beach Road Curio market, on your left.), ☎ Country code followed by, 727 411 426. 9.00am to 4.00pm. Visit the museum which has very useful and interesting booklets for sale at low prices, and some exhibits. The museum is at present in the process of moving from its attractive and historic building 'The House of Columns' to a more historic building, recently renovated, 'The Old D.O's Office' near the easily noticed 'Sail Monument' (to Prince Henry the Navigator)where there are more exhibits. While you are in Malindi, why not join the Malindi Museum Society.You can do this at the House of Pillars (see above) as a visitor for Shs 600/- which gives free entry to all of the Museums of Kenya sites/buildings, not just in Malindi, but on the Coast. KShs200..
Popular events in Malindi in the near future
- Scuba dive. There are plenty of places to hire kit, join a group or get instruction in the beach hotels
- Walk or jog. The huge, magnificent white beach north of the pier is just perfect.
- Surf. Anywhere north of the Eden Roc from May to October.
- Kitesurf. There's a school north of the town.
- I Love Pizza, Seafront Road. Reasonable priced Pizzas, Seafood and Meat dishes. One of the longest running resturants in Malindi.
- Driftwood Beach Club. Restaurant open daily, as well as snack menu during the day. Popular curry lunch every Sunday overlooking the Indian Ocean.
Hermanns Beergarden, Lamu Road. Cheap and Cheerful. Rooms available on request.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Malindi on Wikivoyage.