7 hotels in this place
Sekondi and Takoradi are adjacent port cities, the combined municipality forms the capital of Western Ghana.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Sekondi-Takoradi
- Takoradi European Public cemetery.A number of South African airmen who died in World War II are buried in this cemetery.
Popular events in Sekondi-Takoradi in the near future
The twin cities rose from the sites of 17th Century Dutch, Swedish and English forts and were combined into a single municipality in 1946.
Sekondi-Takoradi is Ghana's fourth largest city and an industrial and commercial centre.
The chief industries are timber, plywood, shipbuilding and railroad repair. The main railway lines to Accra and Kumasi pass through Sekondi-Takoradi.
Due to the discovery of large crude oil reserves in the western region of Ghana this area has attracted from all over the world.
- Market Circle, is a large trading centre and public marketplace criss-crossed with pathways that would rival any maze. There are booths and stalls selling a wide range of goods. On the outside of the Market Circle is a street lined with just as many shops if not more. Muslim money changers (Euros or Dollars), cell phone time sellers and anything else you can imagine. The Takoradi Market Circle is the commercial and economic hub of western Ghana and it covers an area of approximately 1 sq km
- Sekondi-Takoradi Stadium, is a multi-purpose stadium opened in 2008 and has a capacity of 20,000 spectators. It is primarily used for football matches and serves as the home stadium of Sekondi Hasaacas FC. The stadium hosted some matches during the 2008 African Cup of Nations.
- Rockhead (near Market circle). A nice place to relax.
- Africa beach (a beach outside the town). Good destination to cool down and enjoy the surroundings.
Most of Ghana's major banks have branches around the market area.
- CAL Bank
- Ghana Commercial Bank
- Zenith Bank
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Sekondi-Takoradi on Wikivoyage.