11 hotels in this place
Taba Heights is a town on the Sinai Peninsula, Egypt. A purpose built resort nestling between mountains and the sea with 5 large hotels, diving & water sports centre and a golf course. There is also a residential complex for employees and regular visitors who own homes. There is a small promenade of shops providing local crafts in the Uptown area along with cafes and restaurants. From the beach you can see Israel to the left and Jordan and Saudi Arabia on the opposite shore of the Gulf of Aqaba. (less...) (more...)
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Taba
The resort incorporates many leisure amenities including a host of luxury hotels, soothing spas, a renowned professional golf course and a marina. There are also adventurous activities such as diving and quad safaris for guests to enjoy.
It's enviable location overlooking four countries – Egypt, Jordan, Israel and Saudi Arabia - gives visitors the option to be standing before the Great Pyramid at Giza, the haunting canyon Treasury of Petra, or the solemn Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem in a matter of hours.
Day trips are available to Petra in Jordan, Eilat in Jerusalem and Cairo, and can be booked through several operators.
Distances of Sinai attractions from Taba Heights by road: Coloured Canyon 70km (hike through canyon);Mount Sinai 210km (Moses trail and home to inhabited monastery and the burning bush - a long hike but great sunrise view); and Sharm el Sheikh 225km (Ras Mohammed National Park).
Unmatched by any other course in the region, the professional golf course offers serious and novice golfers the opportunity to tee off under a crop of desert mountains overlooking an incredible expanse of blue water with a view of three countries. Thanks to the year round sunshine, Taba Heights Golf Resort is open every day of the calendar year.
Taba Heights hosts a number of notable tournaments including the International Pro-Am, and the course has officially been ranked amongst the top 100 golf courses worldwide. The prestigious 18-hole championship golf course has been designed to ensure it meets both American and European architectural standards and offers an impressive 7100 yards between the 1st and 18th hole, with rolling elevations ranging from 4m-70m above sea level. Golf can be played with or without a coach.
The total course area spans the central section of resort's to link with the different hotels and beachfront. Each hole has five sets of tees and three holes offering golfers to chance to play alongside the Red Sea waters.
Water-sports and diving:
Waterworld is a five-star water-sports and diving centre located within the resort and offers a full range of activities including scuba diving, sailing, windsurfing, wake-boarding, water skiing and para-sailing with or without training. The trainers are all internationally certified instructors to ensure all visitors receive the best instruction and care.
There are also dive boats and daily diving trips for visitors to enjoy, while other activities on offer at the centre includes snorkelling trips, banana boat rides, pedalos, canoes, semi submarine trips and a ride on the Glass Bottom Boat.
Smaller underwater life that is regularly seen includes sea horses, frog fish and sea moths. While whale sharks have been sighted in the summer months, this is not a regular event and cannot be guaranteed during your visit. Dolphins also often pass through in the summer.
Snorkelling off the jetties at the hotels is a highlight offering lots of small fish to see. A large sail boat offers trips to Pharoun Island for the more adventurous snorkelers.
Thrill seekers can book quad biking trips into the desert just outside of Taba Heights and wrestle the sand dunes.
There are a number of restaurants located in the hotels but for guests wishing to eat out, there are restaurants available in the Uptown shopping area, some offering fabulous views over the golf course. Prices for alcoholic drinks are comparable to those in Europe.
There is a beach bar at Waterworld which will remain open while its guests are present. It serves reasonably priced food and drinks.
Dine Around Privilege: Taba Heights offers its guests the Dine Around Privilege, a special dining scheme that allows guests to sample a wide variety of cuisines at any of the many hotel restaurants throughout the resort, regardless of your hotel of residence. Simply make a reservation at the restaurant of your choice through your hotel reception.
- Bird Nest: Uptown. Open 7:00pm until 10:30pm. Located on the Uptown terrace, The Bird Nest captures the flavours of aromatic Thai cuisine.
- El Fuego: Marriott. Open 1:00 pm till 11:00 pm. The only Mexican cafe and bar in Taba Heights, serving authentic Mexican food and drinks.
- Flying Carpet: Uptown. Open 1:00pm till midnight. Oriental and continental dishes present an amazing mix of delicate flavors and generous portions.
- Chez Pascal: Uptown - El Wekala. Open 7:30pm till 11:00pm. Enjoy international cuisine sitting alfresco and enjoying the atmosphere of the distinct uptown area and the gorgeous Red Sea views.
- Pub Tandoori: Uptown. Open 12:00 noon till 10:30 pm. A traditional English pub serving Indian specialties with spectacular views over the resort, the golf course, the sea and the Jordanian mountains. Spice lovers will enjoy dishes cooked in a Tandoori oven and accompanied by authentic Naan, Curry and Dahl. The pub is a friendly place to watch your favourite sport on a giant screen.
- L’Asiatic: Sofitel Hotel. Open 6.30om till 10.30pm. Enjoy mouth-watering Far Eastern cuisine, in this specialty restaurant that offers the latest in Teppanyaki trends.
- Tuscany: Marriott. Open 7:00pm till 11:00pm. A fabulous fine dinging option, guests can dine outside on the terrace overlooking the resort or sit inside in a perfectly air-conditioned setting.
- Grotto Bar & Grill: Marriott. Open 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. This unique setting offers traditional Middle-Eastern Fare. Choose to you dine outside and listen to the waterfall flowing from the roof of the cave or sit like a Bedouin on cushions.
- El Mar: InterContinental. Open Saturday, Monday and Thursday 7pm till 10:30pm. Located between the Intercontinental pool and the beach, this is the only fine dining a la carte restaurant in Taba Heights.
- Lagoon: InterContinental. Open 12:00 noon till 11.00pm. This Romantic colonial style restaurant is set on the salt lake and with magnificent views serves Oriental style hot and cold dishes. Enjoy the best BBQ in the destination every Wednesday and Sunday.
- Tanour: Hyatt. Open 12:30 until 11:00pm. Authentic Lebanese cuisine, offers diners spectacular views over the gardens, the sea and the mountains of the Kingdom of Jordan across the Gulf of Aqaba.
- Breeze: Hyatt. Open 12:30 noon till 11:00pm. A poolside idyll, surrounded by flowing water and flowers. An open-flame charcoal grill and show kitchen provides guests with snacks and grilled food while ice-cold fresh juices, cocktails and soft drinks come from the bar. In the evenings, Breeze offers an a la carte seafood menu in a romantic atmosphere.
- El Fresco: Hyatt. Open 11:00am to 10:30pm.. Italian cuisine with an emphasis on home style Provencal cooking and presentation is served in a relaxing poolside setting. The menu also offers a variety of salads, pizza, pasta and ice cream.
There are also a number of restaurants and cafes serving Shisha spread throughout the resort.
A full range of local and imported alcoholic drinks is available.
Evening entertainment and themed nights are arranged by each hotel. In addition, the Uptown area has a variety of restaurants and bars, along with a shopping promenade.
There is a weekly street festival with free live entertainment in the Uptown area each Friday from March till November.
In the Uptown shopping area visitors will find a wide range of locally produced crafts including rugs, paintings and silver, as well as the traditional Egyptian souvenirs in the local bazaars and fashion outlets.
There is also a supermarket and pharmacy here should guests need the facilities.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Taba Heights on Wikivoyage.