14 hotels in this place
El Gouna is a self-sufficient, fully integrated resort town of 24,000 on the Red Sea coast just north of Hurghada. El Gouna’s luxury facilities include a landing strip, 3 international standard marinas, internationally acclaimed universities and schools, an 18-hole championship golf course, 17 hotels, 2 spas, and a state-of-the-art gym. The town boasts a world class international standard hospital providing 24 hour emergency care. Additionally, the town has over a hundred restaurants and bars, scuba diving, yachting, fishing, and fully-equipped water sports centers, tennis and horse-back-riding, at El Gouna active pursuits for every age group are at hand. (less...) (more...)
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in El Gouna
In this vibrant resort you are guaranteed to have lots of things to see and do. Everything you need is within the resort or within the hotel itself.
Even the laziest among us like to get active sometimes and El Gouna boasts a wide variety of sports and recreation facilities for visitors of all ages to enjoy. These include leisure pursuits such as horse-riding, camel-riding, go-kart racing, scuba diving, snorkelling and windsurfing.
Top activities and excursions include:
- Scuba Diving: Almost every hotel has its own Scuba Dive facility from which you can explore the Northern part of the Red Sea. Top attractions are the Wrecks of Abu Nuhas or the Wrecks of Rosalie Moller behind Tawila Island.
- Tawila Island: A real 'escape to nature' from the resort bustle, this quiet island offers sparkling white sandy beaches and serenity. Located just over an hour from El Gouna, lucky travellers might get the chance to watch dolphins jumping in and out of the surf along the way to Tawila Island where they will revel in the island's natural beauty.
- Galatea Boat: Go to Gobal Island on-board this comfortable sailing boat with a spacious deck and sun beds. Private day trips for diving or fish barbecues are available too.
- Quad Runner: Discover the secrets of the desert with an exhilarating drive through the sand dunes. Both early morning and sunset trips are available. Quads are available for an exciting desert safari, a full moon trip, or a visit to the Bedouin camps.
- Lagoon Trip: Tour El Gouna by boat every Wednesday and Saturday morning. Bookings can be made through the Information Centre in Tamr Henna, or at your hotel's reception.
- Zeytouna Beach: The lively and beautiful Zeytouna Beach is located on its own island surrounded by sea and lagoons. At Zeytouna Beach you can enjoy beach volleyball, snorkelling, football, dancing lessons and much more. Beach services include towels, drinks and food, bathrooms, and fresh-water showers.
- Mangroovy Beach: Located just north of the Abu Tig Marina, Mangroovy Beach has become internationally known as the Red Sea's best spot for kitesurfing. Soak up the sun while enjoying the colourful view of a kite-filled sky or choose a more active pastime such as windsurfing, snorkelling, beach volleyball or football.
- Flying Dutchman Hydrofoil Submarine: The Flying Dutchman will take you from Abydos Marina to the coral reefs in only 10-15 minutes. Along the way there is a very good chance you will pass dolphins swimming quickly to try and keep up with your boat! Look down through the glass bottom of the boat and experience an underwater world.
- Abu Tig Marina: The first purpose built yacht marina in the Red Sea, Abu Tig houses El Gouna’s most exclusive shopping and dining outlets, hotels and real estate properties. Abu Tig has been the harbour of choice for several international yacht rallies such as the Med-Red, Vasco de Gama, and Blue Water rallies.
About El Gouna
The resort’s 18-hole championship course offers year-round golfing in a setting where all players, both novice and professionals, are invited to test their skills. The club offers a full range of retail products, rental equipment and driving range facilities as well as PGA tuition for players looking to improve their game. Designed by Gene Bates and Fred Couples the course features three different men’s and ladies’ tees, bunkers, lagoons, an aqua driving range and desert rough to challenge players. The aqua driving range can accommodate up to 30 players.
The resort’s five kite centres provide the latest facilities, equipment and training staff with internationally recognised courses for both beginners and advanced surfers. El Gouna’s spacious beaches, excellent winds, and all-year sunny weather attract droves of kite surfers —including world champions- regularly, while its shallow waters are suited to beginners learning moves.
El Gouna’s nine certified diving centres and easy access to the finest reefs and wrecks in the Red Sea make it a diver’s paradise. Each centre offers a complete range of diving education, including PADI diving certification, from beginner through to professional level. El Gouna’s The Dive Tribe is also a certified National Geographic Diving Centre. The heated pools and calm reefs of El Gouna are ideal for beginners wanting to perfect their skills.
Some dive centres offer diving programs and courses tailored for kids, which include PADI Bubble Maker, Discover Scuba Diving, Junior Scuba Diving, and a Junior Open Water Diving and Snorkelling course. Special discounts are available for young children.
El Gouna also offers diving programmes to guests with reduced mobility. Guests are able to complete a standard scuba diver course, with minor adjustments as necessary, depending on the type of disability. All divers must complete a medical questionnaire, and those with a handicap are required to produce a medical certificate stating that they are fit to dive. It is advisable to get in touch with the dive centre and discuss individual needs in advance.
Dive schools with facilities tailored specifically for divers with physical disabilities can be found in Sheraton Miramar, TTC Rihana, and Mövenpick Resort & Spa.
Rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit at one of El Gouna’s hotel spas.
Known as one of the world’s top names in professional spa management, Angsana Spa offers two spa locations in El Gouna: at the Mövenpick Resort & Spa and the El Gouna Golf Club. Both have a wide selection of beauty massages, sauna and steam bath treatments for singles and couples alike to enjoy.
A spa session can be booked in any spa in El Gouna regardless of your hotel of residence. Contact the El Gouna Spa Concierge at your hotel for more information.
The Sports and Fun Aqua Centres offer a host of windsurfing as well as other aqua sport activities. The centres operate from Mangroovy Beach, the Steigenberger, and Rihana resorts.
Burn rubber on the popular go-kart circuit, which is located on the road between the Downtown area and the Marina.
- Horseback riding
Ride horses and camels at the Mövenpick Hotel and Zeytouna Beach or go for full service with Arabian cross horses and ponies for children at Yalla Horse Stables.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article El Gouna on Wikivoyage.