33 hotels in this place
Dokki and Mohandiseen are districts in Giza suburb on the west bank of the Nile River, part of Greater Cairo.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Giza
- Agricultural Museum, Al-Sawra Street, Mohandiseen (Next to the Ministry of Agriculture).
- Mohammed Mahmoud Khalil Museum, 1 Kafour Street, Dokki. Art gallery, located in what was once Khalil's palace
The three main Pyramids of Giza are the focal point of the Giza necropolis, or cemetery, that served the elite of the Old Kingdom capital of Egypt at nearby Memphis during the mid to late 4th Dynasty (late 3rd millennium BCE). Three pharaohs were buried here in turn - Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure - their astounding burials attracted a number of surrounding associated burials of their queens, family members and nobility.
- Cairo Jazz Club, 197, 26th July Street (From Zamalek, just before Sphinx Square). Dancing and live music
- Tahrir Cinema, 112 El Tahrir Street, Dokki. Movie theater
- Al Omda, 131 El Tahrir St, Dokki. Take away place that serves sandwiches, kofta, foul, koshari, fateer, etc.
- Gad, 97 El Tahrir St, Dokki. Serves foul, falafel, fateer, and other fast food.
- Chocofolie, 33 Amman St, Dokki. Delicious hot cocoa, desserts, milkshakes, as well as some non-chocolate menu items such as omelets and salads
- Cilantro's, El Mesaha Square, Dokki. Serves sandwiches, coffee, desserts. Mobinil WiFi
- McDonald's, El Mesaha Square, Dokki. Standard fast food
- Radwan, El Tahrir St & Dokki St, Dokki. Kebabs, chicken, pasta, vegetables, etc.
- Teriyaki, El Gazayer and Gamet el-Dewal al-Arabiya, Mohandiseen. Teriyaki meals, with chicken, shrimp, beef, or tofu, with vegetables, served with rice or noodles.
- Abou el-Sid, Amman Square, Dokki. Serves stuffed pigeon, veal, chicken, falafel, fateer, and other Egyptian cuisine.
- Ataturk, 20 El-Riyadh Street, Mohandiseen. 12PM - 2AM. Turkish cuisine, though not vegetarian friendly. No alcohol served.12
- Cafe Tabasco, 7 Mosaddak St, Dokki. Sandwiches, pasta, chicken, beef, as well as American-style breakfast, coffee, tea, etc.
- Chili's, 2 El Fawakih Street, Mohandiseen. Burgers, chicken, fajitas, other tex-mex options.
- Kandahar, 3 Shara Gamet el-Dewal al-Arabiya, Mohandiseen. One of the best Indian restaurants in Cairo. The food is more expensive, but the portions are large enough that dishes can be shared.
- Stiletto Lounge, near Galae sq. This nightclub is located right on the river side opposite to the Sheraton hotel (which it is part of). Rich Cairese and only few expats and tourists dance to house tunes. Drinks are pricey (50 EGP for a beer, 70 for a longdrink), very friendly staff. They aren't tight about the notorious "couples only"- rule.
- Best Buy - Apple Center, 7 Thawra Square (Midan Thawra), Mohandiseen (pronounced 'Sawra'), ☎ 202 37628391. Not the same as Best Buy in the United States, but this is a good place to go Apple products, as well as service and technical support.
- Bashayer, Mosaddak St, Dokki. ceramics, jewelry, carpets, and a variety of other Egyptian-made items.
- Om El Saad, Mosaddak St, Dokki. Small shop with quality hand-made jewelry.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Cairo/Dokki and Mohandiseen on Wikivoyage.