0 hotels in this place
Boa Vista is the capital of the state of Roraima in the north of Brazil. Most foreigner pass through en route between Manaus and Venezuela.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Boa Vista
- Ruins of Fort São Joaquim (32 km from the city by river or 52 km by highway BR-401). This fort was built in 1775 at the confluence of the Uraricoera and Branco rivers. Today only the foundations and some walls remain.
Popular events in Boa Vista in the near future
About Boa Vista
For a Brazilian capital this size (about 300 000), Boa Vista is remarkably quiet. Judging by the number of evangelical churces, Jesus has his equatoria stronghold here. Despite being more than 100 years old, the city has the aspects of a planned capital, with wide modern streets and traffic circles. Historical references are difficult to find.
- Sunset cruises leave from Orla Taumanan at 17:00. Book ahead. Tel. 9971 5454.
- When the river is low, the far side has a string of beaches, a couple of them with shacks serving drinks and snacks. A boat ride across costs R$ 2,50.
- Cocktail bar e restaurante, Corner of Rua Araujo Filho and Avenida Getúlio Vargas. Spiced up from the regular Brazilian fare by the Indian owner Set lunch R$ 7.
- Meu Cantinho (Right up from Orla Taumanan). Lunch till midnight. Set at the founding spot of the city. Mains for two at R$ 35.
- Orla Taumanan (At the riverfront just down from the centre). Weekend evenings. A handfull of stalls with plastic tables and chair around a makeshift stage with live music.
- Sullivan (20 reais by taxi from the centre.). Forro at weekend nights Entrance R$ 10. Beer can R$ 3.
- SINPOL (Right behind the bus station). Pagode once a week. Free entrance, large beer R$ 4.
Stores generally close early on Saturday and remain closed on Sunday.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Boa Vista on Wikivoyage.