6 hotels in this place
Kasane is a city in the Okavango-Chobe region, the northeast corner of Botswana. Set on the south bank of the Chobe River, it faces Namibia's Caprivi Strip to the north. Zimbabwe and Zambia lie nearby. Kasane is a tourist hub, a jumping-off point for the Chobe National Park and Victoria Falls.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Kasane
- Game drives in the Chobe National Park just to the west. It seems like every lodge offers game drives, so there are many to choose from. They typically last three hours to all day. There is a fee to enter the park, which may be included in the game drive fee.
- Self-drive game drives are also possible. Be sure you have a proper 4x4 vehicle, proper gear, enough water and fuel, and campsite reservations for the park.
- Chobe river cruises are also offered by many operators, likely including your lodge. They typically are 3 hours long, from about 3pm - 6pm, through the sunset. Some cruises are in small boats which hold only six people; others are in large double-decker boats.
- Day trip to Victoria Falls, 70 km away in Zimbabwe and Zambia, are offered by many operators. Expect P400-500 for an unguided trip. Allow an additional visa fee per person (US$30-55/adult depending on citizenship), US$20/person for Victoria Falls park entrance, and further money for lunch, activities, and shopping.
Many of the hotels have in-house dining rooms offering breakfast and dinner.
- The Mowana has a fine buffet dinner, with a total cost of about P200/person including drinks and tip. It includes a selection of game meats, and Botswana specialties like pap and shredded beef.
- The Chobe Safari Lodge also offers an outstanding buffet dinner, with game meat, and stir-fry cooked while you wait. Set in an open room overlooking the river, with outstanding service, it makes for a fine evening. About P180/person including drinks and tip.
The major hotels all have bars.
- The Chobe Safari Lodge has a gift shop opposite its reception desk which offers maps (including the valuable Shell Map and Infomap of Botswana), field guides to birds and plants, plus T-shirts, carvings, and other souvenirs.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Kasane on Wikivoyage.